- Neutral response free of peaks and gaps over the entire audio range
- Ferrofluid cooled tweeter
- Limited power compression
- High sensitivity and low cabinet tuning resonance
- Top-end components – an 8” woofer and a 1” soft dome tweeter time aligned – thanks to which IS 8 reproduces music with hi-fi quality and surprising sound pressure levels for such compact, lightweight enclosures
- Pleasant eye-catching lines make it suitable for inclusion in any type of décor; it will therefore also be
appreciated by architects as well as sound engineers
- Pubs, music-cafés, lounge areas in clubs, stores, boutiques, shopping centres, fitness-wellness centres
- High quality sound reproducing systems
- Mobile recording studios, television and radio studios
Post production studios, Audio/Video processing studios
- Quality control
- Hi-Fi sound playback, Multimedia sound systems
- Console monitors
- High quality foreground and background music distribution
IS 8 is a fashion style compact full range 2-way loudspeaker system with passive low-loss crossover for near-field reproduction. Comprises a long excursion 8″ woofer for low and mid frequencies with rubber suspension and diaphragm in treated cellulose, and a 1″ dome tweeter for the high frequencies, with ferrofluid cooled voice coil for a better heat dissipation. The loading for the low frequencies is of the phase inversion type with (reflex) tuned chamber.The system’s uniform directivity from 500 Hz to 4 kHz has an average dispersion of 145° x 150° and an average wide-range sound coverage of 150° H and 150° V from 500Hz to 10kHz values which are perfectly suited to a wide near-field listening area without any loss of details for the entire range reproduced.
The acoustic reproduced bandwidth is 45 Hz to 22.5 kHz at -10 dB.
The frequency response of the complete system is ±3 dB from 75 Hz to 19.7 kHz. Flown in free-field it has high average wide-range sensitivity, producing 91 dB SPL @ 1 W / 1 m, (120 dB SPL peak). The maximum allowed power is 80 Watt AES (320 peak).
The enclosure cabinet has a trapezoidal shape and is built by high quality 15 mm. phenolic glued birch with a quality wood veneer painted with black textured painture while the outer finish is in scratch-resistant, waterproof black paint.
Inside, an adequate amount of suitably positioned deadening material eliminates any risk of harmful sound reflection, ensuring a mid range free from coloration and a low range that is deep but always well controlled. The connectors are terminal blocks with large diameter holes able to hold large cross-section cables.
The cabinet has two M8 threaded flying points in the centre of the sides to facilitate vertical flying by means of a special optional bracket. The front protective grille consists in a sturdy painted steel mesh fitted with screws.
Wall bracket for EIDOS 6.5 – VEGAS 6.5, 8CX – IS 8, maximum load 18 kg
Tiltable wall mount for IS8
|FREQUENCY RESPONSE (-10 dB)||45 Hz – 22.5 kHz|
|NOMINAL DISPERSION||150° x 140° (H x V)|
|IMPEDANCE||8 Ω (min 6.5 Ω)|
|POWER – W AES||80 (320 peak)|
|MAX SHORT-TERM SPL @ 1 m*||120 dB SPL|
|CONNECTORS||Wire clamp input terminals.
Push Button Press Release connector.
Red = +
Black = –
|LOUDSPEAKERS AND LOADING||Low: 1 x 8″ High pass Vented box
High: 1 x 1″ Dome tweeter
|WEIGHT – SINGLE UNIT||7 kg (15.4 lb)|
|DIMENSIONS||Height: 415 mm (16 3/8″)
Width: 260 mm (10 1/4″)
Depth: 285 mm (11 1/4″)
|* calculated using +10 dB crest-factor signal, free-field|