- High efficiency passive-filtered loudspeaker enclosure fitted by a premium 12”/3” (LF/HF) co-axial drive unit
- Symmetrical 90° (conical) dispersion
- High SPL (133 dB SPL short-term peak @ 1 m)
- Surprising power capability in a compact and lightweight package (19.2 kg / 42 lb)
- Also designed for use as a stage monitor in a horizontal position (two angles)
- Controllable via Outline’s iP24 DSP device, based on the iMode technology (www.outlineimode.com) to optimise performances in specific contexts
- Design file for Outline ‘Openarray’ 3D acoustic simulation software
- Receptacle for fitting support stand and sixteen M8 threaded mounting points
- Finished with Polyurea, featuring amazing durability and superior physical properties
- Comprehensive choice of mounting hardware available to suit all applications
- Conceived, designed and manufactured exclusively in Italy (as are all Outline products)
- X123W is ideal for a wide variety of applications including Performing Arts Facilities, Theatrical Sound Design, Auditoriums, Live Clubs, Dance Clubs, Sports Facilities, Themed Entertainment Venues and multi-purpose spaces as well as Leisure, Retail and Fitness applications.
- X123W’s small size, shared voicing with other Outline products, frequency response and large SPL capability means that it can also be used as discreet nearfield or stage-lip fills within much larger systems.
- Permanent installation – the X123W’s combination of integral mounting hardware, range of mounting options, unobtrusive design, frequency response and power handling makes it an ideal tool for the busy audio installation contractor.
The EIDOS X123W is a classic multi-purpose problem-solver, combining high power with an asymmetric cabinet design allowing myriad applications. Its use of modern co-axial driver technology (12″/3″ LF/HF) allows a very light and compact unit to deliver serious SPL (133 dB SPL short-term peak @ 1 m).
The X123W requires only one amplifier channel for correct operation: the frequency splitting between the LF driver and the HF driver being accomplished by the passive crossover network built into the enclosure. The low-loss passive filter ensures a seamless transition between the high frequency and low frequency drivers. The LF component of the coaxial drive unit is a 12″ transducer while the HF is handled by a 3″ diameter compression driver. This combination of top-quality components allows the X123W to reproduce natural, full-frequency audio from a small and lightweight enclosure.
The EIDOS X123W is in fact perfect for fixed and mobile sound reinforcement applications. The enclosure design allows effective deployment as a stage monitor or compact FOH system component, ideal for a busy sound rental operation, while integral mounting hardware allows use of a speaker stand or wall or ceiling mounting, ideal for installation contractors. The X123W’s innovative Polyurea coating technique forms an elastoplastic protection that is waterproof, very abrasion- and weather-resistant, and interacts with the plywood structure to further increase the cabinet’s sturdiness and vibration absorption capacity. The enclosure is fitted with sixteen M8 threaded rigging points on the top, sides, bottom and rear, that allow single cabinets to be suspended and angled in fixed installations.
The X123W is designed as a fully passive unit using a very high quality onboard crossover network. The system can be controlled via Outline’s iP24 DSP device, based on the iMode proprietary technology, which optimises the frequency response of the loudspeaker according to application via user definable presets.
Eidos X123W has been discontinued, the equivalent product is Vegas 12 CX.
|Frequency Response (-10 dB)
|55 Hz – 20 kHz
|90° x 90° (H x V)
|8 Ω / 6.5 Ω
|Watt AES (Continuous/Peak)
|450 W / 1800 W
|Maximum SPL Output *
|133 dB SPL
|* calculated using +10 dB Crest Factor signal @ 1 m, Free Field
|3″ diaphragm compression driver
|2 x NL4 in parallel, pins 1+/1-
|Baltic birch plywood
|Black polyurea coating
|Epoxy powder coated
|4 x M6, 16 x M8 threaded points
|35 mm socket
|550 mm – 21 21/32″
|380 mm – 14 31/32″
|350 mm – 13 25/32″
|19.2 kg – 42.3 lb