- Super-compact loudspeaker designed for permanent installation applications
- High-efficiency 6.5″ LF transducer and a 1″ horn-loaded compression driver
- High SPL (122 dB SPL short-term peak @ 1 m)
- High spoken word “projection” for precise reproduction with high intelligibility
- Surprising power capability in a compact and lightweight package (7.5 kg / 16 lb)
- Internal crossover network features top grade components
- Controllable via Outline’s iP24 DSP device, based on the iMode technology to optimise performances in specific contexts
- Design file for Outline ‘Openarray’ 3D acoustic simulation software
- Receptacle for fitting support stand, M8 and M6 threaded mounting points
- Finished with Polyurea, featuring amazing durability and superior physical properties
- Comprehensive choice of mounting hardware available to suit all applications
- Conceived, designed and manufactured exclusively in Italy (as are all Outline products)
- EIDOS 6.5 proactively assists installation contractors by providing a flexible, multi-purpose and very compact loudspeaker module that has enough power to handle a wide range of applications, thus saving the contractor time and effort by providing a multi-use solution.
- When combined with Outline’s EIDOS 108 S and 215 S the new EIDOS 6.5 can easily reproduce the dynamics of live performance in music clubs and venues as well as modern dance and DJ locations.
- Ideal as a module to be deployed in multiples throughout retail, industrial, commercial and leisure projects as well as being ideal for providing background music in pubs, bars and cafes.
- The remarkable vocal projection and intelligibility also makes EIDOS 6.5 ideal for smaller theatrical installations (typically in ‘studio’ theatres or rehearsal suites) where the ability to deliver spoken-word performances to an audience is the primary objective.
This is a super-compact loudspeaker designed for permanent installation applications, especially where high continuous SPLs have to be delivered and space is at a premium. The enclosure design includes integral mounting hardware compatible with various mounting brackets available separately which provide a huge range of mounting options.
The EIDOS 6.5’s physically small enclosure belies its power. A high-efficiency 6.5″ LF transducer and a 1″ horn-loaded compression driver produce a maximum output power of 122 dB SPL, and this unit will comfortably exceed the performance of most comparable devices loaded with 8″ LF drivers.
The extraordinary power handling capability of the EIDOS means that it can easily and reliably reproduce a range of program material with very low distortion and power compression. It is particularly well suited to the spoken-word as its power and projection deliver class-leading intelligibility, especially in the near / mid-field.
The EIDOS 6.5 delivers a very cost effective installation solution which makes very efficient use of amplifier channels. It’s also available in an enormous range of colours so that installers can exactly match the decor of a location when required.
The EIDOS 6.5’s innovative Polyurea coating technique forms an elastoplastic protection that is abrasion- and weather-resistant, and interacts with the plywood structure to further increase the cabinet’s sturdiness and vibration absorption capacity.
Eidos 6.5 has been discontinued, the equivalent product is Vegas 6.5.
|Frequency Response (-10 dB)||65 Hz – 19 kHz|
|Nominal Dispersion||100° x 60° (H x V)|
|Impedance (Nom/Min)||8 Ω / 6.7 Ω|
|Watt AES (Continuous/Peak)||200 W / 800 W|
|Maximum SPL Output *||122 dB SPL|
|* calculated using +10 dB Crest Factor signal @ 1 m, Free Field|
|Component Low||6.5″ woofer|
|Component High||1″ diaphragm compression driver|
|Loading High||Moulded horn|
|Connectors||1 x NL4 Pins 1+/1-, 4 PIN PHX|
|Cabinet Material||Baltic birch plywood|
|Cabinet Finish||Black polyurea coating|
|Grill||Epoxy powder coated|
|Installation Points||2 x M8, 4 x M6 threaded points|
|Height||350 mm – 13 25/32″|
|Width||220 mm – 8 21/32″|
|Depth||245 mm – 9 21/32″|
|Weight||7.5 kg – 16.5 lb|