- High efficiency high-power sub
- Exceptional size-to-power ratio
- Deep, very clean low frequencies
- Long-excursion woofers fitted with demodulating rings in order to handle peak power values that exceed the loudspeakers’ electrical power capacity
- Cabinet internally braced to ensure maximum solidity and prevent coloration due internal resonances.
- Extremely compact cabinet (can be easily tucked away below the stage)
- Flying points (M8 thread)
- Very low weight
- High quality installations in houses of worship, clubs, lounge bars, Live music-venues, theatres, conference rooms, stores, and shopping centres.
- Also suitable for high quality mobile applications, industrial and corporate rental companies.
EIDOS 215 S and EIDOS 118 S are suited to the high SPL reinforcement of low frequencies. They are respectively, a bass-reflex system and a band-pass system, the 215S is equipped with twin 38 cm (15″) and the 118S is loaded with a single 46 cm (18″) Drive-unit. In order to handle (peak) power values that exceeds the loudspeakers’ (electrical) power capacity, both cabinets use long-excursion woofers fitted with demodulating rings.
EIDOS 108S has been designed for a different purpose where Low-frequencies are needed but discrete placement is required. The compact nature of this cabinet allows installation within the tightest of places. Based on a dual-port band-pass design and utilising a single 8″ drive-unit the EIDOS 108S can faithfully reproduce the lower frequencies down to 38Hz and up to a peak SPL of 118 dB.
All Eidos subwoofers can accurately reproduce the bottom end of the audio spectrum, and are sufficiently dynamic to reproduce all types of music. Performance is very high thanks to the selection and design of the correct components, but also to the careful choice and optimisation of the loading techniques that different enclosures require.
The cabinets are built in sturdy phenolic glued 15mm Baltic birch plywood, that is resistant to damp, even in outdoor applications. Inside, the cabinets bracing as well as the long tuning ports which act as additional rigidity stiffens the panels to avoid vibration. the external finish is in high quality scratch-resistant black paint. The front of the cabinet is protected by an anti-resonant steel grille covered with sound-transparent foam. There are a number of M8 flying points, enabling EIDOS subwoofers to be easily fitted with flying hardware.
|Frequency Response (-10 dB)||32 Hz – 240 Hz|
|Suggested Cross-Over||max 120 Hz|
|Impedance (Nom/Min)||4 Ω / 4.5 Ω|
|Watt AES (Continuous/Peak)||1000 W / 4000 W|
|Maximum SPL Output *||141 dB SPL|
|* calculated using +10 dB Crest Factor signal @ 1 m, half space|
|Component||1 x 18″ woofer, dual port band pass system|
|Connectors||1 x NL4 Pins 1+/1-|
|Cabinet Material||Baltic birch plywood|
|Cabinet Finish||Black polyurea coating|
|Grill||Epoxy powder coated|
|Installation Points||16 x M8 threaded points|
|Pole Mount||M20 threaded point|
|Height||396 mm – 15 5/8″|
|Width||840 mm – 33 1/8″|
|Depth||770 mm – 30 3/8″|
|Weight||51.5 kg – 113.5 lb|